Why offer a lifetime?
At TITAN Lithium, we are so confident in our build, component and overall product quality, we've become the first and only lithium company to offer a lifetime warranty.
By offering a lifetime warranty, instead of the warranty ending after a set period, we warranty the battery and its components for the same amount of overall energy used over the battery's life - so a heavy-duty user and a light-duty user get the same amount out of the battery. As lithium is an investment and a long-life product, we believe it's unfair for the average user to be covered for 6-10 years, while the product can realistically last another 10.
The specifics of our warranty
- The warranty covers issues that arise from manufacturing faults and covers cells and BMS components
- Lifetime means the lifespan of the battery; not the user or connected equipment
- Battery lifespan varies with use; like anything in life, the more you use something, the more it wears out - batteries have always been the same, and their capacity will degrade over time. This reduction is normal and to be expected; the harder you use the battery (i.e. you discharge it fully and charge it fully often), the faster its fully charged capacity will decrease. Lithium has an incredible resiliency to capacity reduction though, and we expect a capacity loss of about 5-10% every decade with normal use and charging within specifications e.g. a brand new 150Ah may have a fully charged capacity of 165Ah, a 10 year old 150Ah may have ~150Ah and a 20 year old 150Ah may have ~135Ah when fully charged.
- Our warranty covers a minimum cycle count of 2,500 cycles - for the average user, this could be 10-20 years (1 full charge + 1 full discharge = 1 cycle), or until a failure outside the warranty occurs i.e. wear and tear, causes the product to fail or become 'unsuitable' for the application the product was originally designed for.
- 'Unsuitable' can refer to capacity loss passing below a threshold due to wear and tear or improper care. Examples of which are: